Saturday, September 20, 2008

What the candidates have spent

On occasion, Wendell and I sit down and think about what we would do if we had $1million .. We have such a hard time trying to decide and actually realize how much a million dollars is.
My philosophy is that I only want as much as I need at this time. Maybe that's foolish,but it brings to mind the scripture verse 'to whom much is given, much will be required'.
While I'm waiting for JJ to arrive to assist with canning more tomatoes, I decided to find out just how much our Presidential candidates have raised for their campaigns.. and how much they've spent..
Libertarian Bob Barr has raised $625,000 and has spent $571,000
Green candidate Cynthia McKinney has raised $171,000 and has spent $120,000
Independent Ralph Nader has raised $2 million and has spent $2 million
Republican John McCain has raised $174+million and has spent $141+ million
Democrat Barack Obama has raised just short of $400 million and has spent +/- $324 million

I can't even fathom the millions of dollars being spent for campaigns.. I could use a thousand dollars to become totally debt free.. hmmmm....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it brings to mind the scripture verse 'to whom much is given, much will be required'.

YES - I agree - and our Hugs & Stitches group was just donated a WHOLE CARLOAD OF YARN!!!! Literally - a whole car load..... SO - I guess much will be required of me with it - but it's such a blessing!! Sandi