Sunday, August 13, 2006

AUGUST 22

THERE IS MUCH TODO IN THE TALK RADIO WORLD OF THE COMING "WORLD EVENTS OF AUGUST 22".
NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION "WHAT EVENTS?", BUT THE EVENTS SEEM TO SURROUND ISLAM AND THEIR PROPHECIES IN REGARD TO ISRAEL. WE SHOULD BE IN PRAYER FOR THEM ANYWAY, BUT ALSO NOT BE FRETTING OVER OUR PRESENT WORLD OF CHAOS.
IT'S ALL A PART OF GOD'S GREAT PLAN- AND WE LIVE IN DANGEROUS YET EXCITING DAYS.
TRYING TO LIVE IN THIS DAY IS DIFFICULT WHEN THERE SEEMS TO BE A GENERAL WORLD-WIDE UNLEASHING OF SATAN AND HIS LEAGUES.
CHRISTIANS MUST STAND FAST TO WHAT THEY KNOW IS RIGHT AND BE PRAYING WITHOUT CEASING. THE APOSTLE PAUL HAS THESE WORDS FROM
2 TIMOTHY 1...
7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.
AMEN.... PEACE TO ALL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen Paul. Thanks JEMIT for sharing my favorite verse in the entire bible. It has been my my "life's verse" for many years. Specifically I claim: "I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have entrusted unto him against that day."

The Gospel acording to Marriott. Whatever you choose to keep in the hotel's safe, they are resposible for it, that which you choose to keep in your possession, you are responsible.

The more you commit to God's hand the less you have to carry, and make no mistake, life can be difficult to carry at times. I have preached over an hour on this verse. Every word has GREAT impact on our day-to-day lives. I encourage all of you to carefully consider each word in this verse. It can be life changing!

Consider just three of the words to get you started thinking on the importance of this lesson:

ABLE (if he is not able, why do we worship Him?)

PURSUADED (did not come naturaly, you were called and answered YES)

ENTRUSTED (A deciosion to give to Him your very existance)

Heavy stuff here and worth every minute of your time to explore.

Vinnie said...

I had not known of this "August 22" business until I heard it from you. Reports on the web indicate that Islamists could use the day as (another) one of violence, moving their cause along, etc.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But no matter what happens, those who belong to Christ are eternally safe and the Kingdom will not be stopped.

Matthew 16:18 I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.

Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Psalm 2:1-12 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing? The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying, "Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!" He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them. Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury, saying, "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain." "I will surely tell of the decree of the LORD: He said to Me, 'You are My Son, Today I have begotten You. 'Ask of Me, and I will surely give the nations as Your inheritance, And the very ends of the earth as Your possession. 'You shall break them with a rod of iron, You shall shatter them like earthenware.'" Now therefore, O kings, show discernment; Take warning, O judges of the earth. Worship the LORD with reverence And rejoice with trembling. Do homage to the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way, For His wrath may soon be kindled. How blessed are all who take refuge in Him.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.