Tuesday, August 29, 2006

THE RAIN HAS MOVED ON

<"}}}}><

--
The symbol used by Christians to communicate secretly when Christianity was banned throughout the Roman Empire. If a Christian wanted to identify whether the person he was talking to was also Christian, he would discreetly draw the ichthus on the ground with his feet. If the other person was also a Christian, he would recognise the code and add an eye to the fish drawing, confirming that he was also a Christian.

Just a bit of trivia for you. Good morning Bloggers !!! After all the rain and dismal weather yesterday, and the early morning drizzlies, it looks like the sun may shine after all. It's gonna be a great day!
I just noticed that today would have been Wendell's Dad's birthday.. 102 years ago today.

Much to do here.. I pray my back holds out while I work. Not gainfully employed, but work nonetheless. I did get the morning off yesterday, but was called in at 3pm till 7pm to help on another unit. Difficult because I am not familiar with their paperwork, but the staff was wonderful and answered my questions without complaint. I was glad to be of help.
Remember Wendell in prayer if you would- as he sees the pulmonologist tomorrow. He still has shortness of breath on exertion, but not cardiac related, thankfully. This is a lung problem likely, and there are things he can do to improve it- hand held nebulizers and 'puffers' to open the alveoli. We shall see.
I'm going out today to look for heavy curtains/blinds for the bedroom. Also, we need our 'staples'.. water, coffee creamer, and olive oil. I suppose if I had to choose what things I would never want to be without, these 3 would be high on the list.
I can get all these things at Super Wal-Mart, but I really don't like to shop there, as the store is so huge it hurts to walk all the way around it to find a couple of items.
So........ gotta get moving. I slept in again today. I guess I needed the sleep. I push myself every day.. up early and to bed late.
Pray for us.. keep us in mind as you go about your day.
I'll be back later..

No comments: