Wednesday, August 30, 2006

EXERCISE FOR BEGINNERS

Yeah.... I wish that was me....... but , alas.. my sedentary lifestyle has caused me to rearrange my body fat, and most of it is settling in my waistline! UGH. JJ saw her PCP yesterday and we girls decided it was about time we DID something about our waistlines... So..
This morning when I got up, I gingerly stepped on the scales, and with a deep breath, took a look at the damages of no exercise for so long. .. ... Well, I'd gained 20# since December. But my clothes don't fit the same.. my fat stores seemed to be moved .. Hmmm
Tonite was our first workout night at JJ's. Mandy took a "CRUNCH'' DVD with us planning to get us moving. JJ took a look at it and announced that we would need something much more elementary.. so she pulled out her Jenny Craig workout tape.
I have to admit, by the time we did the whole program, I was feeling tingly.. hot.. sweaty, but not really hurting. There are parts that cause my bad foot to complain, but those I can skip over for now.
It was such fun! More like learning to dance.. WOOHOO!!
I'm looking forward to our 2nd session next Monday. In the mean time, I'm gonna try to get Wendell to do some easy walking in the driveway to get him moving. I doubt he could/would try the aerobics at this point, but in time, perhaps.

No comments: