Monday, August 07, 2006

SCRIPTURE SAYS......

" I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God. A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing--if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety. "
I Timothy 2:9-15

God provides order in His world. He's layed out a plan for His own, and expects us to be compliant. In our sinfulness, we defy Him at every turn so it seems.
I look around me.. I'm really horrified many times at what I observe in women. I can speak out here because I AM a woman.
The way some dress makes ME feel embarrassed, but they must think it's okay- it's not- and the authority on this matter comes directly from scripture.
What has happened here? Where is modesty? I find lack of modesty offensive to my eyes.
I honestly don't care to see 5" below your umbilicus. And I don't want to see your pretty undergarments exposed to the world-- or the lack of them. Don't women ever look in a mirror before they leave the house?

I cringe every time I am aware of a woman in the pulpit. You won't find that in my church. It is directly disobedient to our Lord. I'm not saying there are not places for well educated women in the church- just that scripture says they are not to be in positions of authority. So how do Christian women determine that they have a right to be teachers in the church? It's so plain and simply written in various places in scripture.
Do they simply skip over the parts that don't appeal to them?

No comments: