Thursday, June 26, 2008

I do love days like today~ I accomplished a lot despite needing my frequent breaks to rest my back. This morning I got up and looked at the bedroom closet.. I would clean it.. it was comparable to climbing Mount Everest~ though I didn't get frostbitten, but I did get on a good sweat.
The closet has been approached in the past year, but never really cleaned out. So today I did it all except the shelf above. Gotta save that for tomorrow.
I found such interesting things that I didn't realize I had.. like my nurses cap
I was amused some time ago when I thought I'd like to own another one just for display and discovered that I'd either have to make my own or buy it at a costume shop. I did neither and decided I had lost them all. I owned several while we wore caps. They had to be taken to the dry cleaners and heavily starched. The place where it attached to my hair has left a thin spot on my head. I was glad when the hospital finally gave the go-ahead to take the caps off. They breed bacteria and tended to fall off at the most inopportune times ~ like while changing a dressing. YECHHHH! I always kept a spare cap in my locker.
The cap I found today was missing the studs and the black velvet stripe that went around the top. It was really yellowed, so I gave it a good washing in OxyClean and it's looking a lot better.

Years ago my brother Bill gave me a set of geodetic maps of Butler County and some from the valley where I grew up. All these years I've had them back in the closet. I never had the money to have them framed, but they were fun to look at. I showed them to John tonite and to make a long story short, he is now in possession of the maps, and that makes me feel good to know someone else appreciates them.

I also found a bag hanging in the back of the closet that contained a dress that my mom made for JJ when she was a baby.. red dotted swiss (sp?) and it had little hearts sewn on it. So beautifully made.. and I still have it.

Tomorrow I'll put things back together and put laundry away. I also have a huge pile of clothes that need sorted through. I just can't wear 21 different outfits. I never do~ I have a few shirts and pants that I like and then a dress and a couple skirts. That's enough.

Poor Wendell struggled and strained to get through the bedroom debris while I had everything spread out. Tonite he has given me the thumbs up. We can now walk in the bedroom without turning sideways.. well, that's a little far fetched, but it would have been so if I hadn't done the cleaning today.

As with the bathroom linen closet, there was a lot of dust and I'm doing a lot more coughing tonite. I hope to be on my feet tomorrow however.. I tried to be more careful this time. I need to use a mask when I do these dusty jobs.

I think I'm done for tonite and I see there are 2 more movies I need to view so Wendell can get them back to Netflix. He was kind enough to be patient and wait for me to see them. Last night I got 4 rows on David's afghan while watching Indiana Jones 'Raiders of the lost Ark'. Tonite it's 'Romancing the Stone' I believe.. or another Indiana Jones.
Gotta get the afghan out again..

No comments: