Friday, June 06, 2008

OFFICE MOVING..DAY 2


Thursday the movers came to the old office and packed everything into the big van. Around 11am, it arrived at the new office and the organized chaos began. Though P3 had carefully labeled every box of mine with a big "RN".. only 4-5 of about 15 boxes actually arrived in my office or outside my door. I had taken Daniel with me as a helper, and his one spectacular accomplishment for the morning before the movers arrived was fixing the bottom drawer on my desk in my office. It was off the slide, but worse than that, had 3 pennies and a thumb tack stuck in the track. He figured out the problem with the slides, and when he set it all up straight, the drawer moved in and out with ease, and they lined up perfectly. If he had done nothing else the entire day, this was the most important and the most appreciated. Atta Boy Daniel!!
He spent a lot of time doing general cleaning, wiping things down that were dusty.. and then after the movers arrived, he unpacked boxes and put items on shelves. Very good helper and worked hard. We found some leftover chairs on wheels and used them as carts to transfer our lost boxes from one end of the building to the other.
There was a snag for him.. Elijah, the 7 yr old son of the PA arrived with toys and a hand held playstation.. and this drew Daniel's attention in a big way. He found a new friend.
It was okay.. I had a lot of office unpacking to do and putting things away.
Today, Joyce will be coming with me to help set up my files in the drawers. After we finished yesterday, we went to Staples and bought the things necessary to complete that task today.
It was a matter of the frame for hanging files, a 2 hole punch, and then our tabbed file folders.
By the way, I'm looking for a small 2 drawer file cabinet to put next to my desk.
My bookshelf arrived in good shape, but most of the shelf holders were gone. I wonder where one would buy these?
I have 2 IV poles that HAVE to be sanded and painted before next week. I'll need steel wool pads and some spray paint to fix them up as they should look.
My phone should be installed today, and by the end of the day, I should be able to make phone calls without difficulty.
Today my big medication refrigerator will be defrosted and I'll plug it in with the hope that all the refrigerated biologics will be there at the end of the day.
It appears I may need to buy a long table for the prep room.. we'll see. That can be done this weekend if need be.
So.. gotta get things ready to take in today... More tomorrow on how things go

No comments: