Thursday, June 26, 2008

It seems like June came and is almost gone now.. it was a full month of activity and work and some mighty nice picnics. I think that's a part of summer that I enjoy the most. We will have a picnic on the 4th of July.. that's just a little over a week away. Delightful! Summer is off to a great start.
I come from a very patriotic family. At the Best reunions years ago, Mother said they sang patriotic songs as a tradition.. they all sang together. And they had an American flag for all to see too. She remembered those days quite well. She was very patriotic herself. I think that's lacking in our nation today. I was taught to love the country and it's flag and to have respect for those things and the men and women who gave their lives to make sure my generation had freedom. I don't see that much now. We seem to be denied that national patriotism.. but I know there are many out there. We are mislead by the media who would rather deny it's existence.
When I hear the national anthem, I stand up and place my hand over my heart as I was taught so long ago. I don't see the respect any more. It's so very sad.

We have lots of birthdays coming up in the next month.. Joyce, David, Esther and Gayle.. WOW!
By the way, there is an Imm reunion coming up August 2nd too. The usual place and time..
I'm really hoping to get there this year. I don't have to work of course, but asthma may cause some problems. Hmmm
I'll have to get the Imm history books out. There are several large tomes. These have the history of our family from England.. complete with pictures.. it needs updated badly.
If any of the family would like to help me bring the data up to date, I'd surely welcome it. In fact I may do a questionnaire for the reunion to do just that.. I may just go around and find out who all my cousins are and who their parents/grandparents are..

It's to rain for the next week.. ugh. That means our picnic may be washed out.. but we will still enjoy the day and appreciate our freedoms.

No comments: