Sunday, June 08, 2008


Looks like we are in for a summer day again today.. This past week we had mid 90 temperatures, and today it's to be 91 with a small chance of thunderstorms. I'm thankful for air conditioning.

I had my first gas pump shock yesterday when I filled a nearly empty tank in my car. I never let it go much below half before filling it up, but yesterday was different. At just a little over $37 for my dinky little tank that holds just a tad more than 10 gallons at best, I nearly choked when the pump stopped there. When I bought the car new a few years ago, I remember boasting that I could fill the empty tank on less than $12 ! Those days are gone forever I suppose.

Monday our new office opens for patients. It's been a busy weekend putting our individual offices together and then the general office. Those girls have really put their hearts into this project. They deserve a medal for all the work they have done and without any temper incidents at all. Each one has been kind and considerate, realizing that this is a mammoth job and little time to put it all together.

My own office needs a few personal touches yet.. and a few boxes emptied onto the bookshelves. My big infusion room felt a lot bigger yesterday when it was my responsibility to sweep the floor.. oh, my aching back! I bought a Swiffer to keep in my office for general cleanup. Out of sheer necessity, the office will be open today for those who need to finish preparations for Monday. I'm not one of them.
Paul was kind enough to take pity on his Mother.. he stopped by for a tour of the building and to pick up some empty boxes.. While on the tour I showed him my 2 rusty IV poles that I needed to refinish before Monday. He took them home with him. He and his buddy were going to try to sand blast the poles and repaint the chrome. WOW! It saved my back and a big project for yesterday afternoon so that I could finish my own preparations for Tuesday.
Wendell has a doctor appointment Monday, and then I'll be going in after to help get the 'opening day' moving. I'll likely be answering the phone after I mop the infusion room floor and pull my charts for Thursday. It'll be an interesting week.

No comments: