Tuesday, June 10, 2008


Today I got to be a nurse again. I do love my job.. no kidding. This was our first infusion day in the new office. The 8 recliners were delivered and 5 patients (guinea pigs) were infused by me. I can see a definite need for a stool on wheels and a basket on wheels too. The good doctor says the stool will be purchased for me for sure. I need to find that basket though. I used a chair to move my 5 completed charts to his desk- my back ached so that I could bearly walk. I had to bend over each patient every half hour for vital signs.. and that took a toll.
My 2 newly sanded/painted IV poles were used and all the patients were impressed that we got NEW poles. I told them about how Paul took a tour of the office on Saturday and ended up taking the poles home with him.. the doctor was VERY impressed and even he thought they were new! Thanks Paul..you are a gem!!
Tomorrow I'll do an afternoon there.. the morning is mine to write up our bills.

Still not sleeping here.. but I did get some sleep last night after taking a whopping dose of Robitussin. By 4am I was coughing almost continually and that's when I decided to get out of bed and get ready for work today.

Tonite I'm really weary. I need some sleep badly. I wonder if I'll get that much needed rest?

No comments: