Tuesday, June 17, 2008


Suddenly the day got a little brighter. I was just checking to see if JJ had posted anything new when I saw that she is going for her pony Penny tomorrow!!! WOW! I'm so happy for you and thrilled that you will be able to bring her home again where she belongs.
Pray for their safety as they travel to Kentucky and back.. it's a long long drive- 16 hr round trip.

Thanks for the prayer today for me and for my patients.. we all did remarkably well. I'm all set for the Thursday group coming in, so won't have to go back to the office tomorrow. YEA!!
I'll be going with Wendell instead to the hospital to have his testing completed.

I've been wondering how the kids are doing at summer camp.. I'll bet they are having the time of their lives.. Daniel's desire was to climb to the top of the rock wall..I should have bought them all a camera to use.. well, perhaps next year.

Our niece Christy was in an auto accident this past weekend. Thank the Lord for preserving her completely. What could have been a total disaster had a relatively happy ending.. scratch on her face from airbag deployment and sore shoulders from the seat belt harness holding her safely in place while her car careened off the highway in a thunderstorm and she hit a tree. The car didn't fare so well.. but Christy walked away. Our God is so good.

Charlie was over last night .. he brought an egg with him. It was a very special egg, for it was enormous. He isn't sure which of his hens laid it, but I'm certain it's the one that's now walking a little crooked. We didn't have a scale to weigh it, but it had to have weighed 6-7 oz. That's a big egg for a chicken. Think about 3 golf balls side by side.. that is about the mass of that egg he found. More like a duck or goose egg, but we have no ducks nor geese.

Life is grand.. enjoy it to the fullest.

No comments: