Thursday, March 04, 2010

Foto friday Circles

I have to admit, this week was soooooo much fun finding circles everywhere I looked. I was amazed that life is made up of all these geometric figures ..
Join us next time at Rebecca's blog for Foto Friday.


I was searching for one of my mom's old brooches,
and found these coins in amongst the jewelry ..
This is the back of an Indian head penny dated 1907.



When the new nursery was built at the hospital,
my boss asked if I wanted a thermometer/barometer.
It still works perfectly.



Easter Rollos.. oh yum!!!!



This is a screw in our deck railing




An orange slice with a flashlight behind for light




Again, the deck rail has this tiny knothole








1875 Quarter dollar


The back side..






The front of the penny





I tried an angle shot here..

This is actually a snap from my coat

A circle pin from my teenage years.. they were very popular















11 comments:

Tracy said...

I like the orange with he light behind it. That was clever.

Bonnie said...

The barometer/thermometer is really neat, but the orange is my favorite- I'm glad you said what it was, I would never have guessed!

Full of Grace said...

I liked the coin shots personally, but I'm with Tracy and Bonnie- the orange was awesome! Great thinking outside the box :)

Terri said...

I like the Rollos but the orange with the light behind it is my favorite.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

The coins are cool, but I have to agree that the orange is my favorite! Very creative.

Honey said...

I absolutely loved the orange with the flashlight behind it. What a creative idea.

Paula said...

LOVE the light behind the orange! HOW CREATIVE!!! And just slightly jealous of all your old coins!! :D

Unknown said...

Those are great! The orange is my favorite too, but these were all very good! :) The coins were so cool.

Nanci said...

I've must tell you that your photos are so interesting. . .the old coins and barometer. The orange slice is fantastic. The ingenious lighting made a ordinary orange slice sparkle.

Jennifer said...

I love old coins so I enjoyed seeing your photos. I will have to say though that that orange picture was so unique. The color and texture of it was awesome. Great job!!!

Rebecca said...

the first photo is great. perfectly detailed and what TREASURES. I am a lover of old coins.

I also think the orange shot is exceptional! WAY TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX!!! That is SO awesome!