Saturday, March 20, 2010

power outage

I had my foto friday post done yesterday .. in fact, I posted it Thursday evening before going to bed, and was just waiting for the link on Rebecca's blog on Friday. I had asked the 3 older local grandkids to come over after lunch for some cleanup around here that I couldn't really do on my own, but when they came , the power had gone out and stayed out till around 4pm. So much for vacuuming.. and a couple other jobs needing done with electricity.
Paul and Daniel worked hard outside picking up the many displaced bricks and stacking them neatly. They also pulled all the displaced stone from the driveway that had been plowed into the area we will call our backyard. They put them back where they belonged and filled in a couple rut areas too. They took my many bags of papers to burn over to the burn barrel and then raked around the house in preparation for some grass seed. I must admit, they worked their tails off and earned every penny. When they seemed to be losing steam outside, I had them put the 2nd bookcase together for me. This was a huge task for 2 young boys, but they read directions and assembled the 6' bookcase for me in a matter of an hour.
Meanwhile, Joyce was helping me inside. Sweeping the kitchen floor and making space for the new bookcase was primary. She moved many heavy boxes to the living room and then put the books on the shelves .. heavy family history tomes.
She put a bath mat in our bathroom shower and organized my lower cupboards where I couldn't get down to do myself.
We went outside and brought my pots of plants from the Z's. I think there are about 12 big pots. She made several trips to retrieve them.
I think we had a pretty productive day here.. we decided to go out to dinner at Old Country Buffet. Yummy!
I was pretty tired and weary last night when I finally layed my head on my pillow. Much to do today too, but these things I need to do myself.

I'm looking forward to the next foto friday- the topic is SPRING. That will be fun!

No comments: