Thursday, March 18, 2010

Foto Friday *Green*

It's that day again.. foto friday! How I love joining in.. I really tried hard this week to find something out of the ordinary that was green, but only came up with a couple of items.. :( Well, at least I tried...
The weather has been so agreeable, and the mud is solidifying rapidly. I decided to take a walk up the driveway and then back through the garden.. oh, how I've longed for spring to come to do just this.


I walked through the garden and found these sprigs of fresh parsley- thank you , Lord, for giving us this treat after that long cold winter..


I notice that all around the trailer are flowers starting to pop up through the mud.. here are crocus.. and the daffodils aren't far behind. This is so amazing to me since the entire layer of topsoil was removed to put in our trailer.



I bought these on Wednesday when the weather was beautiful.. figure I'll be needing a couple pairs. Never even gave a thought to the fact that they are GREEN.




Pine trees with soft needles.. smell so sweet and are very very green. I took this with the macro setting, but it was so bright, I couldn't see that it was a tad out of focus.

On my way back from the garden I noticed the grass.. very green and healthy looking for what it's been through with excavation and winter. Note the GREEN chair tipped over in the photo? And the green siding on our house? I checked out the apple and peach trees for green buds, but nothing so far.
Foto Friday got me out of the house and walking around outside.. it's great exercise. It makes me appreciate this beautiful earth we reside on, even if it is only temporary..
Join us for Foto Friday every Friday at Rebecca's blog.. the more the merrier. Come and see how artistic most are, and what great ideas they present in photography. Then join us.. it's free and a blast! You will be surprised how much you will learn.





8 comments:

Terri said...

I didn't have a whole lot of green this week. It's March in the Northeast so you take what you can get! :-)

I found a few sprigs of parsley in my garden too which was a nice surprise.

Tracy said...

I love fresh parsley!

Unknown said...

I ADORE the smell of fresh pine trees...I could just smell them looking at your pic! YAY for green! :)

Nanci said...

Your pine tree needles looks so soft. I'm like you, Foto Friday gets me out and looking around, too!

Full of Grace said...

Wow, your green is really popping up, must have been all that snow beforehand ;) Great job! :)

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I miss the fresh herbs. Mine all fried in the sun last summer and didn't come back.

Bonnie said...

I've been noticing too, how are grass is greening up so quickly- hooray!

You can *smell* spring from your pictures!

I can see from most everyones pictures how glad we all are to be outside :0)

Rebecca said...

not so much green here either. In fact, your grass is a WHOLE lot greener than ours!