Friday, May 02, 2008

Due to circumstances beyond my present control, and a splitting headache the size of Wyoming, I'm postponing my trip to Valentines until tomorrow morning.
Coffee in hand, I'm going to lay low until the H/A passes, and then get moving on things that have to be completed today.
Yesterday I made a quick tour of the new office.. dust was flying.. but I looked it over anyway..
BEAUTIFUL! I love my new corner of the world, and my big piece of the building.. My personal office will be about 9' or 10' square, but the infusion room is 20'x20'.. wow!
The official moving days are June 4 (packing), 5 (movers arrive), and 6 (unpacking and organizing). I plan to have patients in by June 10- a Tuesday. Short days and a bit of organization will bring me more time for my family.. grandchildren especially.

I didn't sleep well at all last night, though I tried. I kept feeling as though the CPAP kept turning the power down.. and I'd wake up and have to adjust the mask so I could breathe. That could be why the headache today... compounded by the elevated air quality index and the dust of yesterday.
I'm coughing a lot and my peak flows were 280/260/250 in that order. Glad I don't have to do any more than the 3 breaths.. It's in the lower caution range, but at least not in the danger area.

I keep hearing the talk show hosts warning of food shortages. My thought is that if you are going to buy extra food to get you through the rough times ahead, perhaps one should just choose certain items and not everything you would use on a weekly basis..
That makes me think.. if you had to choose 5 items that would be in short supply globally, what would you stockpile?
Soap? Bleach? Water? Matches? Canned meat? Peanut butter? hmmm how about TP?

No comments: