Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's been one of those days that just makes me feel so sad.. I had such good intentions this morning, but they came to nothing...I'd noted a new round of thrush last evening, and started back on the Nystatin to get it controlled again. I get this because of the Advair which is a steroid.
I figured it would be okay to go to church as long as it wasn't raging in the morning.
I woke up at 5am and decided to sleep till 7am and then get up for church.. good intention #1..
As the alarm started to ring, I dozed.. and hubby woke up at the first sound of alarm.. and told me to turn the clock off.. which obediently, I did.. without even waking up.. and when I did wake up, it was nearly 11am.. too late to get to church. I was bummed.

So later when I finally got a cup of coffee in me, I decided to look at a couple of catalogs online.. when the power went out.. Just like that!

I looked for the emergency candles but could only find one.. and it was bent.. ever try to light a bent candle and have the wax hit the table or your hand? ugh.

We hadn't even had breakfast.. and it was nearly 2pm.. no lunch either.. Not a problem.. I'd start the grill, warm up the leftover coffee and cook us a couple hot dogs or something... good intention #2..
As I opened the door to go out to light the grill, the rain began to pour down... well, now what?
So we headed up to the Country Kitchen and had breakfast at 2pm. You know, they close at 3pm and when we went there, there was only one other patron.. and our food arrived within 10 minutes! It was good. We made our way back to the car in a pouring rain.. and back home again.

I was chilly after we got home.. and took a nap for a while.. then got up and noted the rain had ceased.. so I fired up the hot plate on the grill, heated the little bit of water I could get from the tap, and made us a nice hot cup of tea. Ahhhhh.. that was so nice.
The power finally came back on a little after 5pm.. finally. I'll be making supper soon.

It really wasn't such a bad day when I look back now that the power is on.. It gave me some time to pray and think and plan a few things..
AND.. my cell phone rang several times with precious calls from my children and grandchildren.
That, of course, makes my day!
AND.. it was a great day for the robins.. out in the rain soaked yard pulling up worms for their little ones.
AND.. I noticed how the leaves seemed so much greener and the lawn so lush..

No comments: