Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bad weather here

I just got a weather warning from the NWS (National Weather Service).. looks like we are in for a BIG thunderstorm with 70mph winds tonite.. it's on it's way.
Insomuch as God controls all things including the wind and thunderstorms, I'll hunker down and thank Him for His presence around us. I am reminded of Mark 4:41 where the disciples marveled "Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!" We serve a God who is creator and Lord of even the wind and the waves.
I can hear the wind howling right now.. it's here. I can hear the rain hitting the side of the house..after the rain and wind comes the cold front that will lower the temperature to around 37 tonite.. it's so warm right now..57.
Another warning just arrived:
DAMAGING WINDS UP TO 92 MPH MPH WERE REPORTED IN WEST MIFFLIN WITH THIS STORM. THIS IS A DANGEROUS STORM.SEEK SAFE SHELTER & STAY AWAY FROM WINDOWS!
Sounds like good advice to me!

On another note.. I'm frustrated tonite as I have misplaced yet another important item.. my Screaming Eagle. I can't wake up to an alarm clock or even 4 of them, but the timer works great. I took it to show my boss yesterday, brought it home, set it on the table and now I don't know what I did with it.. For evermore.... I've searched all the usual 'drop' places I use.. not there. Wendell says if I set the alarms, he'll make sure I'm up in time for work tomorrow.

No comments: