Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Winter is not fun for me any more. The only thing I enjoy about it is the beauty of a blanket of fresh fallen snow that I can observe from inside the house. I just looked at the first alert of the morning and I see that at 5:30 this morning, we are to get a new snowfall amounting to about an inch. The problem is that it's to drop, or perhaps the word is more descriptive as 'dump', it's load between 5:30 and 7am. I leave for the office at 7am and will be out there fighting my way to the city.
It's 18 degrees this morning and we should get to about 28 today. We need to get rid of that groundhog.
It was so lovely yesterday that we were able to go to the YMCA for a nice long dip in the pool. As I walked out the door, I could hear the snow melting and dripping off of any area that still was holding ice or snow.. I thought to myself "Aslan is on the move".
With the slightly higher temperatures and still heavy snow on the ground, we then had the dreaded ice which coated the driveway especially. Ice is really dangerous for me and for Wendell and anyone else who carelessly ventures out on it.
JJ and Keith have a new truck.. built like a tank.. it's over 2 feet up to get in the cab. I grabbed the handlebar and threw my leg up into it while my other foot lost traction and I was left hanging by the handlebar.. horrified. Amanda happened to be right there and shoved my butt into the truck.. no easy feat. I buckled the seatbelt and was ready for a ride. It rode very smoothly and it's comfortable. Wendell got in and drove it 'around the block'. Getting out was even more troublesome than getting in.. If I had realized that I'd have to literally drop 2 feet onto waiting ice, I wouldn't have been so anxious to get in and take the ride. I actually fell out of the truck in a sort of controlled manner, and my back still hurts. Fortunately, the rest of the family are all taller and have no trouble getting in and out. I noticed that when I tried to look in the bed of the truck, I couldn't.. I'm not even tall enough to see in the back. Hmmmm.. Well, I guess I won't be riding in the truck too often. And, oh, yes.. Congratulations, Keith, on the new vehicle.. I do hope JJ will let you drive it now and again...
Today is office day. Please remember to pray for us.. for safety for my patients and me too. I suspect there may be some cancelations for the day because of the snow drop coming. I don't blame any of them.. wish I could cancel myself, but there are many patients who have already done so and need their biologics. I don't plan to disappoint them by canceling myself.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:10-12

Have a blessed day

No comments: