Thursday, February 19, 2009

Well... finally! I just got to my email and found an emergency note from the National Weather Service sent out at noon today telling me what I already know. By 8am, I had 2" of snow on my car and roads were more than treacherous. I had my cell phone in my hand and was going to turn around and go home if Rt 8 was anywhere close to what I'd experienced on the 2ndary roads. ICE, SNOW, and WIND. I saw numerous cars in ditches..and I never made a stop at any stopsign.. not my choice, the car had a mind of it's own. I nearly slid into a bus going 2mph.. while trying to stop. Tow trucks were pulling people out of ditches along the main drag.. not a good morning to be on the roads. The snow came down hard and never let up till there was a good 2".
Coming home 4 hours later, I have found that the wind has caused some major drifting across the roads and some of them are only one lane. UGH
On the happier side, all of the patients made it safely for their infusions, and all did very well.. and so did I. Thanks for praying for us.

No comments: