Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My blog seems to be becoming more political than just family newsy stuff.. It's hard not to post the things that are dear to me, no matter what category things fall into. It's the world I live in.
I don't know what future generations might read on this blog that might make them think or react differently.. reading the history and learning a valuable lesson..
(Like not burning papers on a windy dry day.. hmmm and on my birthday too! I am still trying to live that one down.)
In the midst of all the governmental takeover, the loss of our beloved freedom, we need to be looking up.. and praying. God is ever faithful and just, our protector. He never fails. I don't know what the future holds in this world, but my desire is to see the next in Heaven.. The evil and diabolical plans of men in this world will not exist in Heaven.
Many have put their lives on the line and their futures on the dollar.. it is folly. Many have no idea that money is nothing if you don't profess Jesus as your savior. There is no money in the world that will buy you a ticket to Heaven.. Their vision is blurred.. no, blinded by dollar signs. Worry, panic, and fear pervade our society of those who can see and understand a dismal future. The remainder look to a man to save them, but the focus is not on Jesus, but man who is identified as their savior.. He is heading down a wide road to even more agony and torment of perdition, and leading others down the road with him. Sorry state of affairs.. It grieves me.
In my humble estimation, our country has become even more evil than Sodom or Gomorrah at their worst.. and the judgment of God is upon us..
I listen to my patients.. you cannot imagine their comments .. from "give the guy a chance to show what he can do" to the suggestions of suicide if things get too hot.. to the fearful confirmations of 'everything will be all right' if we just wait.
For myself, I observe a lot.. I watch.. wait.. and pray that God will relieve us of this great burden upon us. We are guilty of so much.. and apathetic to the point of letting things happen even though we disagree.
Prayer is a useful tool.. especially for those of us who can't DO anything but raise a voice to our representatives who seem to cast a deaf ear to us all. God does not have a deaf ear to His own.
He hears the prayers of His people. Of that I am certain. I've experienced so much of it in my lifetime.. God's leading and blessings. He tells His people to 'fear not'.. and I pray for that.. that I won't lose my focus on Him by letting in fear. He tells us that man can take my body but not my soul- it is safe with Him.. 'fear not'. I believe him and rely on it.
In our darkest hours, He is there beside us and promises not to leave us without hope. He does not promise an easy out, but he does promise to help us through it. 'Fear not' He says.
Trusting in God is paramount in these dark days. Believing that Jesus came into this world and died for our personal sins is critical as is asking for His forgiveness. I suggest to you that if I am wrong (and I'm not), I have lost nothing, but if YOU are wrong in your unbelief, you have lost everything and are in danger of spending eternity where there is no water and there is burning fire that never quite consumes you, and with unimaginable horrors. Frightening thoughts? I turn my focus on Jesus and pray.

No comments: