Friday, February 27, 2009

It's raining.. I knew it before I rolled out of bed. Charlie's chickens were waiting for me and I knew I had to get up and moving. Ugh.. it's wet and smelly in the chicken coup.. I took some newspaper out to lay on the floor so my feet wouldn't get mucky. I'm amazed that the layer boxes are dry. Wednesday I collected 16 eggs and marveled over it. Yesterday I collected a bucket full of eggs.. 35 of them! I took them inside Charlie's place and scrubbed them and placed them carefully in egg boxes and directly into the refrigerator.
I'm hoping to make it till Charlie gets home Saturday. I'm allergic to molds, fungus, etc.. and the chicken coop is loaded I'm certain, judging from my asthma exacerbation. Today I'm wheezing.


Inspection on our car fell due this month. We took the car to have the sticker applied, and were shocked to find that our 'struts' were virtually non-existant, the 'sway bars' (never heard of that) were both damaged beyond recognition, and I needed front brakes, as they were worn nearly to metal. The car is 8 yr old and has nearly 90,000 miles on it. We have the original everything. Never needed brakes replaced or anything else. We have bought tires for it every 2 years, and changed the oil and filters.. but no other maintenence in all that time. We were due to be hit. I was just hoping it wouldn't be THIS inspection. The bill was astronomical when one considers our meager income.. might as well be the national debt. Next Monday they will cash the check when my pension is deposited. I'm so thankful for that pension. They were kind enough to let me take the car home last night.

No comments: