Sunday, February 08, 2009


There is a full moon tonite. I saw it.. it's a beauty.

Genesis 1:14-19 reads:

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Tonite, one would not need a flashlight to see where he was going.. it's just a beautiful brightness all around. I'll wait while you go take a look..

We did get to church today. We have the most wonderful pastor who preaches sermons the way they should be.. always scripturally based.
Today.. Ephesians 4:11
11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

I came away wondering just what my personal role is in the church.. I am still mulling over this.
Certainly I've been very active in the church in years past, and as I age, my activity level has gone down.. we live a distance away and our health has declined also. But we remain faithful to Christ and the teachings of the church and desire to be there on the Sabbath. Maybe we are just that.. pewsitters? Hmmm.. not a real exciting job, but then, perhaps there is simply encouragement for others to know that we think it's important to be there and we make the effort despite our infirmities or the weather or other problems that we face.
I remember my mother giving me advice as a teenager. She said "always be careful about your appearance and your speech- what you do and what you say. There are others who observe you and want to be just like you, and you never know who that might be. ".. hmmm I didn't think anyone noticed me at all. But I never forgot that.. I have pondered that over the years.

Moving along here..

No comments: