Tuesday, June 30, 2009


Hooray for Tuesday! It's office day and that means a long one with 10 patients scheduled this morning. I always love going into the office- it's a day I get to see my patients that I've been treating for sometimes years, and to see their progress. Sometimes really amazing.
Today is also the last day of June for 2009. WOW! Where did this month go? The older I get, the faster the days go by. I'd like a long summer this year. I don't want to see winter come too soon.
With Wendell's latest fantastic weight loss .. did I mention how proud I am of him?... I got to thinking just how much weight he did lose since March.. over 20#.. That's like 4 5# bags of flour- or a big 20# bag. Try carrying one of those around day and night for life.. No, thanks. In the mean time, he's been instructed to do 30 minutes of activity every day. We hope to hit the pool this week finally. It's been about 2 months that we haven't been able to do so. Traveling north, insulin readjustments, the abrasion on his knee, then cellulitis in that leg (typical slow healing diabetes), and then my allergies that show up in my eyes giving me that vampire look that is not healing in a chlorine environment.. all these things contributed to our not going to the pool. But we are feeling so much better this week so far. We both need the exercise, and it'll be good for Wendell's scheduled 30 minutes. We normally walk for an hour in the pool.. hopefully, if we don't get too tired, we can begin again at that point.
Time for me to get ready for work..
Enjoy the day- rain or shine

No comments: