Thursday, June 18, 2009

What's happenin'

You know, I just had a feeling that today wasn't going to be like yesterday.. I feel waterlogged or something. When the humidity is high, I just don't seem to be able to accomplish anything.. though I did get the final groceries for the weekend this morning while dancing through more raindrops.. and I managed to help Amanda get salads ready for supper. By the way, I have the most beautiful cilantro growing in a flower box on the picnic table. Tonite I snipped a bit off and added it to our salads...Nah.. I really think it's too spicy for my taste.. but it's a beautiful plant. I also snipped some of our chives, but they didn't have the flavor yet, they are too small.

Today before we came home from the grocery, I stopped at the local Trader Horn and found myself some impatiens. I was frustrated that my seed never germinated at all.. and in that large pot, nothing. So I now am the proud owner of 7 little plants with flowers too! Pretty! I do love impatiens.

Since my last posting we have had over 3 inches of rain.. steady and soaking. It rained again this morning and all the plants are happy. We do water them nightly, but this last rainfall really soaked them good.
No laundry got done today, but we hope to try again tomorrow even if it is still raining.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

Just wanted to let you know that I posted on my blog...nothing fancy...i will try more later.