Tuesday, June 02, 2009

June 1, 2009

It was the first day of June and Amy had an appointment, so she dropped all 5 kids off at our house for a few hours. Oh, it's my delight! How I love doing crafts and chores with them.. I'm so blessed.
The first job was planting some more seeds in pots and flats.. I had helpers! The spinach that is going to grow in the pot above will be extra special as Annabelle told me "I plant!".. I gave her a pot, some potting soil and a bag of left over spinach seed.. the rest she did like she'd been doing it all her life. What a little farmer!

It was sort of funny to watch Annabelle trying to find the entranceway to this little closed in spot where Mandy has hanging baskets of upside down tomatoes and parsley on top.. and of course, her Vidalia onions. The bunnies get in and so not much else has been planted. Tomorrow Mandy plans to put her tomatoes in since she and John have a new and stronger fence to protect the plants from bunnies, groundhogs and deer (for starters).

I took a walk with Daniel and Annabelle while the other kids played Star Wars Trivial Pursuit.

Aunt JJ found this cute outfit at a garage sale.. Great buy, JJ.. she loved it!

Daniel went for our garbage can out by the road while I set up a station where they could all blow bubbles. It turned out to be a lot of fun for everyone.. I ended up blowing them and Annabelle and David chased them down through the front yard.

I was playing with the Macro setting on my camera. I wanted to see how close up I could get with it and still have clarity. I think it did a good job

Paul3 planted this flat of flowers.. If they all grow I'll be so pleased..



Joyce planted this flat of herbs and lettuce.. We should be ready for salad in a couple weeks.

Joyce and Daniel and David planted this flat very carefully.. I hope to have lots of spinach.

The original plan for this one was to put about 20 red onion sets in and then every couple weeks put 20 more in.. but it got to be so much fun.. I only showed them once how they went in the soil- there was only one upside down. WOW! We shall have lots of onions!

No comments: