Friday, June 05, 2009


With the onset of spring and summer just around the corner, I tend to NOT be around the computer as much as I was most of the winter season.. there is just SO much to take in around here.. flowers, trees, animals.. all sorts of works of God's hands.
I took a stroll with my brother Charlie this afternoon. We looked at absolutely gorgeous potato plants. If they all produce 4 potatoes, we'll be overrun in the fall. Then the strawberries, lettuce, and onions.. yummy stuff. The peonies are all out and so heavenly with fragrance. We also took a look at an absolutely enormous groundhog hole beneath the forsythia bush. I can't believe how huge it is. We are making a special hot sauce for the owner. There are 2 holes along the driveway too. These will also receive the hot sauce treatment. It does work to deter them. We just have to be vigilant to watch where the next holes appear.

Today is a lazy day. I just couldn't get my butt in gear at all. I have days like that.. yesterday was one too, but complicated by my arthritic hand. Today the pain in the hands is not bad and required nothing more than Aspercream to settle them. Amen. But I just don't seem to be able to get any projects going today. I've accomplished little to nothing. The good news is that the dishes are washed and put away.

I have more seeds to plant. Mandy says I'm out of control with planting. I don't know about that. I'm awed by the fact that I drop the seeds on the soil and the next thing I know, little bits of green are coming out of the pots.. or flats..

I'm heading to bed early tonite.. I hope the extra sleep will be beneficial to me for tomorrow.
Lots to do..

No comments: