Thursday, April 22, 2010

FOTO FRIDAY: RED

Hooray for Friday! That means it's time to enter our photography projects for the week. I had a bit of trouble selecting my subjects. I wanted a stop sign, but when I went out, I forgot the camera.
I have to say, as I was looking for RED, I noticed that almost all the food packaging is or has some red on it.. Just noting.
Join in the fun on Foto Friday at Rebecca's blog!

Pretty pink peach blossoms with red centers..

Peonies poking their red heads up through dry soil

A baby red maple just coming alive after a long winter



Okay.. I'm a redhead. I wanted to put red lipstick on,
but not only do I not own one, but I'd look more like
a zombie if I did accentuate my lips with it.
My new fly-swatter


I got this idea this afternoon..
and realized after I took the picture
that there is a box of videotapes in the background.
Lesson learned: watch the backgrounds in photos
Playing with lighting here- no flash made
his red color look redder to me.








11 comments:

Terri said...

Your hair is beautiful; such a pretty shade of red!

alane said...

Love your pictures, especially the peonies poking through the ground. I also really like how you represented so many different shades of red!

Bonnie said...

I don't think I've ever seen peach blossoms before, they are beautiful!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

You have beautiful red hair. The peonies poking through the parched ground were a really neat idea.

Anonymous said...

Love the red bear--and your red hair!

Unknown said...

I wanted to take a picture of my red headed friend but I didn't get a chance! LOVE IT! :) Those peach blossoms are lovely! :)

Nanci said...

That is a wonderful shot of the peach blossoms!!

Seeing the red shoots of peonies reminded me of when I was a girl. My mother had several peony plants in our backyard, and I LOVED the fragrance of them. I've been saying for several years that I need to plant some here.

Unknown said...

I agree with others ... lovely hair. I have always wanted red hair, to which my hairdresser/friend always said, "give me an hour and I can make you one".

Thanks for visiting me. To answer your question, that "ball" in my photo post is actually a light on a very interesting lamp that is in my employers' home. I really like it. It is quite quirky and the baby, who I care for every day, loves to look at it.

Have a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Like the red bear without the flash. Definitely a truer shade of red.

Hollace said...

I love your cute cap of red hair.
I have red peony stalks, too, but wet soil.

Rebecca said...

Your hair is gorgeous. What a perfect portrayal of red!

Because I am just now making my way through the posts I realized that you have linked to your blog instead of the actual post. This makes it harder for people to refer back to that post at a later time. To link to the actual post, right click on the date/time under your post and copy THAT link. Thanks!