Monday, April 19, 2010

Today is my birthday

I TRIED BEING NORMAL,
BUT I DIDN'T LIKE IT
It's my birthday. It's been a most wonderful day. Bright, sunny, slightly cool, and just such a blessed gift. Thank you Lord.
I started out by getting some laundry in the washer/dryer. I still need to finish that. Then I took a walk around the trailer and found 2 four inch tall and 1/2" wide asparagus. AHA! I decided to check my old patch to see if anything was sprouting out there. Nothing.. nada.. not even a sign. I guess 35 years was enough for it. Well, we still had 2 sprigs!
I wandered over toward the Z's and took their trash can in from the road. We sat down and had a lovely chat.. and I got to see the beginnings of their expanded garden. I love it!
A while later, I decided that the soil wasn't going to rake itself around the house, so I slowly started out raking the stones back to the driveway. It really looks pretty good. I have to be careful about using implements like rakes and shovels- I tend to mess up my back... and I also have to be careful I don't try to pat myself on the back for a job well done, as that tends to cause me injury too.
So I have this bag of grass seed and have decided to check the weather for this week. No rain till Saturday. No point in broadcasting till Friday... and then, it appears that it will keep raining for the rest of next week. I have my work cut out for me. I have to go slowly and given a whole week to rake, I may be ready by then... maybe...I dunno.
I took another walk.. this time up the driveway to get OUR trash can and the mail. I was trying to just make one round trip. UGH. I got back to the house and the 4 letters that came with a small catalog were missing. Now, how did that happen? I was careful. So, I turned around and made my 3rd trip to the road and home again empty handed. What happened to the mail? It HAD to be there. Maybe I stuffed it back in the mailbox? I could believe I would do something dopey like that. So, trip #4 to the mailbox again. It was when I got near the box that I saw the letters dumped on the ground. UGH! (slaps forehead in unbelief!)
I think I have had enough exercise for one day. My back was aching pretty good after walk #3.. but it relieved quickly with sitting down. There just isn't anywhere to sit on the driveway- at least where I can get UP again.
I'm enjoying the facebook birthday wishes. I am trying to thank everyone as they make their comments.. I loved Jane's note about matches.. and then Keith noting that he had alerted the Penn Twp fire department.. hehehehe
Yesterday, after missing church.. (very bad)... we had Paul and family here for lunch. It was a spiral cut honey baked ham from our grocery store. I had gotten it for free with one of their promotions. I didn't think it tasted like the usual one from the HBHam company.. nothing compares to that!
The meal was good though. After lunch we sat around the table playing 7-0, a variation of Uno. That 3 yr old Annabelle beat us all 3 times in a row! Hrmph! What a smarty! Then the older folks + Joyce and P3 played SkipBo, my very favorite card game. It was when I got up to get everyone Ice Cream that the decks all got stacked with wild cards.. everyone's but MINE!! I didn't catch on till P3 played his entire pile of wild cards after Jane and Amy and P2 had nearly done the same. We really laughed at that one..
Friday the grandkids stayed here and we made 36 colored eggs!!! We also made a chocolate cake for Sabbath day dessert. It was delicious.. but then coming from a chocoholic.. well.. trust me, it was GOOD!
John just brought barbecued ribs for supper.. gotta get going..before the hubby finds out how good they are.. AAACCKKK

1 comment:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Stopping by and wishing you a happy belated birthday!!

We celebrated my daughter's birthday on Sunday and have been trying to get caught up on everything since then...