Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I love spring!

I really LOVE spring! It's the best time of the year. No more icy cold solid white when I go outside or even look outside.. just flowers and green.. so today I took a walk around half of the perimeter..
The red raspberry bushes are putting out leaves a you can see in the above picture..
The deer are plentiful and they like my blueberry bushes. Out of 5 planted last year, only 2 remain. I have 2 more to plant and I'll get more when I go out shopping again. The plan now is to move the remaining 2 bushes and cage them like tomato cages.. hopefully there will be enough greenery for the deer elsewhere.


The apple tree has a bird's nest..
but I think it's not a new one
though I see many robins around this tree.

An apricot tree in blossom.
This tree was so gorgeous a few days ago,
but we've had so much wind, most are gone.
Chives.. ready to cut

Rhubarb too


The perfection of daffodils


One of several peonies starting to grow back.

I really tried to get these lilac buds .. but the wind...
blew the branches wildly as I tried to get a close shot.

Burning bush. I pulled 5 saplings out last year..
WOW! they really have grown.


Not wanting to be left out, Thomas layed down on the
ground to have his picture taken.. Goofy cat!

Notice how dry the ground is. Tomorrow we are to have rain.
Here is a lonely little peony bursting through the ground.

Violets everywhere!!!!!!!!


Back in the garden.. there's parsley ready to snip.

Not to be outdone by other beautiful plants..
dandelions are already blooming..
YAY for SPRING!!!















No comments: