Saturday, April 24, 2010

Saturday

Yeah, it's Saturday. Last evening I planted grass seed in the back of the house. It was windy and I got covered with the filler in the seed. Ugh. The weather report says it's going to rain today and all week pretty much so I tried to get at least some grass planted.
The front of our house is so difficult. I've been working at it for 3 days and the more I 'scratch' the surface, the more huge rocks appear. Some are just too big to move and others too heavy to carry. The smaller ones seem to be in the greatest number and I raked them up near the base of the house. I think we will plant grass seed on that embankment, but also some ground cover. I shudder to think of trying to mow that hillside with all it's rocks ..
I'm considering Vinca as a cover- it's an agressive plant and will pretty much take over wherever it's planted. Good in all weather.. Probably what we should put in. Maybe we can talk the Zombecks out of some lily of the valley? Another great ground cover.

No comments: