Monday, April 05, 2010

It's been a gorgeous day. So much going on and all very positive. The day is coming to a close, and God has provided for us richly once again.
I got up this morning to find our neighbor children (the Z's) installing wire flower boxes on the back deck for my birthday.. and that wasn't all, they also put in a brick walkway from the deck to the stone on the driveway. Happy Birthday to me! Now we don't have to 'walk the plank' any more.

Wendell and I went to lunch today and then did some replacement shopping. We seemed to be out of staples- butter, tp, and other necessities.

Charlie loaned me a cultivator rake to work on the yard so grass can be planted. Yippee! That should make things easier. We took a walk up to the garden and discovered that we only have 2 of the 5 blueberry bushes that made it through winter. The deer ate 3 of the larger ones clear down to the ground. Hopefully tomorrow we shall dig those last 2 up and replant closer to the house. I still have 2 new ones to plant. I also have a bright red peony to plant and I will try to get that one in too.

Wasps! Yike! I noticed them outside the front of the house looking for a place to nest behind the shutters. I asked my FB friends what to do, and have plans to set some traps for them before getting out the toxic stuff.
I have one trap ready to go. I took a 2 L bottle, cut off the top 1/3 of it making a funnel. I inverted it onto the bottom of the bottle and put in about 1/2c real orange juice. I will add some raw hamburger tomorrow and then the trap goes out along the front wall of the trailer. JJ says this WILL work, so I'm trusting her judgement. I'd rather wait to use the toxic stuff if it doesn't. So I have one empty bottle, one opened, and a 3L of fruit punch that someone is gonna have to drink. The Z's may have a bottle in a day or so, and Charlie says he has a few. The traps should work.
Anyone else have ideas? I'd love to hear them.

This week on FotoFriday we are looking for "BLUE". I 'm having a struggle finding something artful that is blue. I did notice violets blossoming in the yard.. but those aren't 'blues' they are 'violets'. sigh...

Check out the Valentines blog -Lots of new pictures of my 5 grandkids who live up on the NY border.

So it's been quite the day. Charlie says he's building a new henhouse up the road where he's living and he'll put in a garden up there. He'll plant tomatoes up there as we got blighted here last year and the soil isn't good for the tomatoes. First time I can remember that.

It's just been such a sunny day. I am blessed.

No comments: