Wednesday, November 14, 2007



Coffee is on.. and I've got a cup in front of me.. mmmm
It's 7am- I've been up since 6:30am.. today Wendell and I are planning to attend Amy's dad's funeral. Weather-wise, the day should be a nice one. The high is to be 63, and the rain is to arrive later today.

Yesterday was a rather frightful one for me~ one of "those" days when I couldn't seem to get anything quite right. Odd things kept happening. I think my ADD was out of control. I seemed to be tripping over my own 2 feet, and at one point I foolishly reached directly over the flame of a scented candle reaching for an item just beyond it. I didn't get burned, but I now know just how hot that little candle is close to the wick.
At work, I felt it was needful to warn the charge person to really watch my orders carefully, as I was not functioning at full tilt. She laughed .. I didn't. Just 79 days to go- did I mention that I'm so thrilled to be retiring soon? I did?.. well.. it's true.
Next week I'll be sending my letter of resignation/retirement. I feel like celebrating just that.
Next week we will be visiting with the Valentines for Thanksgiving too.. woohoo!

Prayer items of the day ...
*John's Gramma Z has been in the hospital and is looking at surgery in the near future. The whole situation is very serious. Pray for the doctors and staff who care for her.. for great skill to do what is needed to provide a healthy outcome for her. Pray for God's healing hand to rest on her.
*Today is the funeral for Amy's dad. Pray for comfort and peace for her and for Paul and for her sister also.
Remember the children too who also grieve the loss of a grandfather.
*Pray for healing and God's will to be complete with Nicki, Dave, UBob, Aunt MaryJane, and for Barb. So many in need of prayer.
*Pray for us also..
*For world leaders, national and local leaders- those in positions of power- for hearts turned to Jesus.
*For Sandi who has to be in the dentist's office today

God bless you for holding us all up before God's great throne.
Have a wonderful day.

No comments: