Friday, November 02, 2007

I slept pretty well last night.. AMEN. It's about time my body started doing what it's supposed to do at night..
Yesterday morning I got up 5 minutes after I should have been on the road for that same time.. on my way to work. Acckkkkkk! I'm never late and never miss the alarm clock! It was after 7:30 and I felt late. I got there 15 minutes later than usual.. and then noted my first patients weren't till 9:30am.. happy day.. I had some time.
Though I was tired, I did well and so did my patients. They are such wonderful interesting people.
I'm always weary and tired when I go home .. I drove straight home and had no clue what to have for supper... so I pulled out some chicken breasts to bake... Wendell suggested we go out to eat, but the thought of going all the way back to Butler was not on my agenda.. I needed something to eat but I wanted my bed too... We decided to hit the local airport restaurant .. the Runway.. and it was the best decision of the day. I had Raspberry grilled chicken salad with raspberry walnut sauce, and Wendell went for the grilled Reuben.. At the end of the meal we decided to have dessert, but neither of us had room for it.. so we chose one each and took it home to eat later.. Mine was black forest cake with whipped cream on top.. decadent! I love their little dessert cart they bring around so you can actually see what your dessert looks like before you order it. We love the atmosphere at the Runway too.. 3 walls of glass panes so you have the perfect view of the airport and runway.. We watched the planes take off and land while we waited for our meals.
For as small an airport as it is, it is a very busy one with planes coming in and going out one after another.
The best part is that it's only about 3 miles from our house!!
As we sat there last night, we pretty much decided that our family joint retirement dinner would be held there.. it's just the perfect place. Another great feature of this place is the elevator for those who can't do stairs. And did I mention the food is fabulous? and the service too?

It's 27 degrees this morning.. bbrrrrrr !!! I'm gainfully employed again at the hospital..it is Friday. Just 91 days to go... by Christmas day it'll be 39 days.. I looked. What a Christmas gift!
I'll be off this weekend too.. things are good.. life is grand.
The little Christmas shopping we planned to do this year is almost complete.. just a couple things to go... woohoo!! and it's not even Thanksgiving!
It's almost 8am.. as for me.. I'm heading back to bed for another hour..I'll need it later tonite.

No comments: