Wednesday, November 14, 2007

WEDNESDAY..


Good evening all.. it's been quite the day and I'm winding down and preparing for bed.
The funeral today was very good~ Sharon's pastor delivered a fine message.
Following the service, we all went to their church for a grand luncheon prepared by the ladies of the church there. Ham, scalloped potatoes, green beans, and coleslaw were the main entree. I was careful to watch what I'm eating since I've been trying to follow the diet with Wendell again. The doctor says he HAS to lose some weight. Me too. My downfall today was the carrot cake. I have absolutely NO resistance to the stuff and won't even bring it into my home because I'd eat it all myself before anyone could even swipe their finger through the cream cheese frosting. I'm like all dieters.. I announced that I've eaten well, but I'm going to have that cake. It's sort of like a threat except I don't finish my statement. What I am really saying is 'I've eaten well, but I'm going to have that cake and if you try to stop me I may have to cause you bodily harm'. Hah! Typical dieter.
I must say it was the best carrot cake I've had in a long long time. Or maybe I just haven't done enough sweets lately and it just hit the spot. I ate every crumb.

We got back home today and I made my reminder calls to the 9 patients that will be coming for their treatments tomorrow. It was after that when I decided my eyes were so heavy and my body felt so weary. Wendell was fast asleep as were the Z's upstairs (they work night shift).
So I popped on my handy-dandy CPAP , set the clock for 1 hour and layed down.. it took about 15 seconds before I remembered nothing ..and woke up to the alarm clock insisting I'd had enough nap.

I have worked on the babies' blankets for Christmas today. Annabelle's is coming along fine and I may take it with me to Valentines next week to complete it. Might as well have something to do in the car for the long drive. I'll start Eli's tomorrow night.. trimming the edges and then sewing the blanket stitch all around.



I warmed up some super left overs tonite.. pork roast, mashed potatoes, California blend veggies.. and some angel hair spaghetti. Wendell asked if I could slice up some apples and season them like apple pie for him for a snack tonite.. Jane had put the idea in his head, and , well... it DID sound delicious. So in about 2 minutes, we shall indulge. This time it's a 'legal' snack and healthy.

No comments: