Friday, November 16, 2007

IT'S SNOWING IN WPA


Good morning Bloggers.. It's snowing in WPA this morning, and there is a light dusting sticking to the ground. It likely will be gone after noon, but it is a reminder that winter has arrived. After all, it's mid November. I can remember lot's of Octobers when we had snow on the ground.
I'm thankful.



Today I'm gainfully employed one more day before my vacation week begins. I pray it goes quickly, but there is so much to do and get ready before we can leave for Valentines. My car is a mess and has so much 'junk' in it. I need to go to the carwash to vacuum it out really good. And then it's dusty inside.. needs a good wipe down to make it more pleasant to drive.
A few items to shop for before we leave.. gifts to wrap for Christmas .. clothes to pack.. and other essentials. Oil change on Saturday.. lots to do yet.
We are still planning to be in church on Sabbath, and then just keep on driving north and east afterward. The weather should be sunny and comfortable. My car gets great mileage, so we aren't too concerned about the high gas prices... yet.

Today is the day I'm taking 2 letters with me to work. One for my boss and one for personnel. They are letters of resignation. 77 days to go.. this is it.. I feel like I'm rounding 3rd base!

The diet is going well.. haven't hit the scales, but other than that one piece of cake on Wednesday afternoon, I've been good. I feel better when I'm not overloaded on carbs.
Today I'll bake the mock apple pie again for Wendell and one for me. It was so delicious! No crust, but all very within the diet. It counts for 2 fruits out of the 3 we are alloted for the day.
The nice thing is that it's so healthy... cinnamon for the diabetic, and just all the good nutrients in apples.

I'm off to do some baking before work.. apples, of course... and pack a lunch for me for tonite.
Stay warm.. pray for us- I had a back flare up yesterday pretty bad. It's not so bad today, but I know it's there and I'll be careful.

No comments: