Friday, July 04, 2008

I'm cleaning today.. it's Independence day, and Wendell and I have had our own little picnic at the kitchen table. He with a Big Mac, and I with KFC.. this time I asked the girl at the window to check my order carefully to make sure I got 'chicken breasts' and not some other order. It was all good. We had a nice quiet lunch and then played a computer game together. He's napping now, and I'm cleaning.

I found a paper I'd written almost one year ago.. see July 23, 2007 on this blog to read what I read. It was a testimony of sorts.. and it's been a year since I wrote it and made a copy for my file. A lot has happened since that time.. a full year + ago. It was good to read it again and then see how I've progressed. My faith in Jesus is ever strong, and I now have a hard copy prayer list so no one gets left out.
We have our health problems, but we know this is many times a part of aging and a part of other circumstances too. But the best part is that we still have each other and a family I wouldn't trade for anything.
We have so many blessings, it's hard to count them all.
We still have problems financially by times, but always we rely on God to provide for our needs if He so wishes. Our children all watch out for us and have made growing a little older a little easier.
I look around and see the news and the reports of the horrors and economic crashes and the fears others have for their futures. I look around myself, and I see a family and friends who uphold us all the time and who care for us in so many diverse ways.
I think to myself, if the world is falling apart while they are putting their trust in things that will pass away, why not give Jesus a try? What would they have to lose? What if I'm right, and they are wrong? They have all eternity to gain, and nothing if they continue the way they are going now.
I am going to take a longer break today since it's really a holiday.. and if it's not raining hard, I'm taking my camera with me.. I'll see you all later..

No comments: