Sunday, May 06, 2007

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY

There is something exhilirating about putting a kite in the sky.. it's so delightful to me. Today we did just that- finally we were able to fly kites. The SpiderMan one that Daniel picked from the bunch of kites I had here flew the best. It went super high. I put the string on a reel and it unwound itself all the way- 300'. I know it would have gone farther had we had longer string, but then we risk the string breaking or worse than that- low flying planes. But it was a site to see.
I enjoyed having the grandchildren and everyone else over today. I'd planned carefully and everything went smoothly. Lunch was 'on the grill' and everyone offered something. I got chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream and chocolate Klondikes for dessert. Really yummy. I also had fresh sweet strawberries to add color and flavor to the meal.
I'm about ready to hit the sack.. but had to get a snack.. tonite it's raw potato and fresh orange. I wonder sometimes if I'm the only person in the world who thinks raw potatoes are a delicacy? I prefer raw to cooked any day.
-

No comments: