Tuesday, May 29, 2007

It has been another wonderful day to be alive. How I have enjoyed today I can't begin to describe. It has certainly been a busy one.
I'm learning to organize at home. It will be some time before it really really shows, but it's coming one step at a time. Today I decluttered for about 15 minutes. It was the most refreshing thing ! When I got done, I stepped back and looked where things had been, and really, it looked different in the room.
I'm learning to establish some routines too. I love that. I have ADD and people like me desperately need routine. So here I am.. writing everything down I can to help me develop a plan. I'm going to be organized, and I'm going to enjoy it. Things are changing. No longer do I look at housework and sigh.. I set a timer and dig right in for an allotted time limit and then sit down, prop my feet up, and enjoy reading some emails while sipping on a nice cool bottle of water. Ah.. this is living.
I went to PT this afternoon and, as usual, enjoyed the exercise. It is energizing, and that is one thing I want.. energy to do the things that need done.. but without pain. So far, so good. I spend the first 30 minutes with ice and TENS, then some ultrasound to my trouble point (SI joint)... a bit of massage and I'm off to do exercises for another hour. When I am done, all my muscles are warmed up, and I am pain free. It's great.
After PT today Wendell and I went to lunch at Kings.. and then grocery shopping. He mailed the package to Valentines- Isaac's late birthday presents and Treat of the Month for everyone for May.
Shopping done, we came home and I took a short break and started supper. It is so enjoyable to cook when things are clean to start with. All dirty dishes are in the dishwasher, and before I go to bed, I'll be turning that on so there are clean dishes in the morning. Part of my AM routine is to put the clean dishes away.
Spot cleaning for hot spots comes next.. the kitchen table looked pretty scroungy.. so 5 minutes of super decluttering and it looked ready for supper.
Well. I'm learning. I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
Tonite, I have paper work for the office to complete and tomorrow morning before the kids arrive, I'll be taking them in to the office to be used on this Thursday. Oh, my.. I'm getting so organized.. it is almost scary.
Of course, there is more to do, and I have some nasty spots that need decluttered throughout the house. I'm going to work on those first..the ones that are the most visible.
In the mean time, I find a few minutes to look at email and then sit down and plan for tomorrow.. I do have a planner and I'm using it. Let's hope this works.. it should.
Wendy mentioned today that she sees no bees around their home.. where there are always swarms of them in other years. So I went out today and looked. I took a picture of one , but don't have it uploaded yet.. but soon.. very soon I will.. we do have bees. Honeybees.
Paperwork is calling my name.. gotta get that done so I can start the PM routine and be in bed at a decent hour.
-

No comments: