Thursday, May 31, 2007

TEACHING AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

I'm teaching myself organization. Oh, I'm very organized at work.. typical for ADD.. there is a routine that has to be followed every day. So at home, that routine HAD been non-existant.. till now. I'm in the groove. I am teaching myself how to do routine things every day.. that's EVERY day. Down to brushing my teeth.. yep..even that has been a forgotten item on a few occasions much to my horror.
So today I'm up and dressed and breakfast is over and the dirty dishes are in the dishwasher waiting for bedtime when I'll turn the machine on. The kitchen floor is washed, and I'm now concentrating on my bathroom.. the floor needs washed there, and it'll be done after my little break. I try to take lots of little breaks to sit down, rest my back, and drink some water. It's not 10am yet. At the rate I'm going, I'll have the living room vacuumed and be ready to do some after lunch planning for tomorrow before lunch.
I have PT scheduled again today. It's a chunk out of the day, but worth the effort. Besides, all the planned cleaning will be done well before. The other spots I'd like to do can wait.. maybe tomorrow. Perhaps I'll go shopping after PT.. I need a new 9x12 cake pan, and a new dust pan. I'm going to plant some parsley in the old rusted cake pan. Then I'll pitch it in the fall- the cake pan, not the parsley.
And do my sinks shine? Yes ! They do.
It's such a good feeling to get up in the morning and find a clean shining sink with a fresh new towel/ dish rag all layed out for me to start the new day.
Has it been noticed? YES! It has.. by everyone who walks through the door. Good encouragement for me. Routine is great!

*****

No comments: