Thursday, May 24, 2007

YET ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL DAY

We got all the way to 85 degrees today here in WPA. Ah... lovely ! I shan't complain- for when it's 85 degrees, one cannot have ice nor snow.. as I said.. lovely!

It has been a long day here for me. I was up at 4:30am and off to work to begin at 8am. It takes me a while to get my body moving, so I get up earlier than most would under the same circumstances. By the time I got home nearly 5pm, I was pretty well shot down. As long as I kept moving at the office, I was fine. I used my trusty TENS almost the entire day.. along with a few bags of ice on my office chair to soothe my back when I did get the chance to sit down.
I took an hour nap when I got home.. supper? Every man for himself. I fell asleep almost immediately and Wendell helped me get up an hour later. I could have slept through the night I think.

Friday morning I will go into the PT office for my therapy. I think I have 2 sessions left after this one. PT is very helpful, but my schedule is very tight and overlaps on some days- 3 sessions of PT/week, 3 gainfully employed days/week at the hospital, and then my 1-2 days in the office/week.. well, as you can see.. I do overlap a bit.
I get up too early and am up too late and then I run out of steam too soon. I need to slow down some.

253 days till I retire.. and I'm looking forward with relish to that time. I won't be sitting around wondering what to do.. I have grandchildren who need their grandma to play with them.. I think I can handle that.

Heading for bed now.. again. I need some well earned sleep through the night. The AC is softly humming in the background, and it's set only on 'fan'. That suits me just fine.
Sweet dreams all..

1 comment:

Jthemilker said...

Working this weekend? Or off?