Friday, August 08, 2008

August and April are our 2 BIG months for birthdays in our family.. closely followed by July. This month, we will be celebrating for adults only- Cory, Wendell, Amanda, John, and JJ. This year will be different from past celebrations, however. We plan to party on Saturday, Aug 23rd with a birthday cookout with the cake being made by kids for Grampa, parents, uncle, and aunts. It will mark the end of Gramma Camp. It'll be a super busy day and include having a professional family portrait made earlier in the day. Instead of a vacation for Wendell and me, we shall consider Gramma Camp week our vacation with our family. It's hard to believe that from the two of us back in 1969, we have advanced and grown to 20! We have become a genuine CROWD! How very blessed we have been.
I'm so thankful for family and friends who pray for us and who respond to prayer requests. You are so special.
I will ask that you pray that Nicki's surgical procedure would be successful on Monday, and that it will afford her comfort in breathing. I'm so proud and thankful for my west coast cousins who are so supportive while she is ill.

It has been a long day here. I didn't sleep last night with my ear bothering me most of the night. Allergies cause some strange symptoms. However, I'm thankful that I could work the last 2 days, and successfully infuse 17 patients without any untoward events. God hears our prayers.
I got home tonite about exhausted from lack of sleep and a super busy day at the office. My body craved sleep, and had Mandy not made supper and had it on my plate, I likely would have crashed right then and there. I made it till 6pm, and slept soundly for 3 1/2 hours. I feel so much better, but I think I'll sleep tonite too, though I've had this long nap.

Blessings to you all....

No comments: