Thursday, August 07, 2008

It was a particularly good day today.. everyone got one needle stick for a good start. The only glitch I had was when I tried to turn around to grab a piece of tape to anchor the little butterfly needle for one patient, and caught the tubing on the band of my wristwatch, and ripped out the perfect IV needle. AAAACCCCKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so horrified. I'd NEVER had that happen before.. The patient was so understanding and sweet about it all. She's like that anyway.. but I felt so bad that it even happened. I had to restick her in the other arm, this time with the watch in my pocket.
Everything else went smoothly, and I was home by 3:30. Nice.
My relief nurse has broken her foot. This is not good news, but I have been in worse spots before. She was going to take the patient load tomorrow, but now will not be able to do so for a few weeks. That brings us to Gramma Camp.. and I won't be in the office that week.. 13 patients will have to come in the week before or the week after. They will not complain.. no one ever does when I have to change schedules around.

It was rainy today with just a bit of sun off and on..temperatures were fabulous at about 72. Tonite we are to have about 56 degrees and a chance of thunderstorms. I could believe that judging from my weather prognosticating back. Wendell is feeling it too. It looks like rain right through the weekend.

No comments: