Thursday, August 07, 2008

Today is another lovely day. I listened to the rain tapping on the window this morning, and then watched the flashes of lightning and heard the cracks of thunder. I actually like thunderstorms as long as they don't threaten to get wild and seemingly out of control. Things always seem cleaner after a storm. The fresh smell of ozone is a scent I have vivid memories of as a child.. it's a clean scent.

Today is office day, and tomorrow too. Wendell woke me up this morning (at my request). I had set 3 alarm clocks, but for some reason, I never hear them. The deafness in my right ear is increasing. The left seems status quo with a deficit, but not changed. My habit and position of comfort is on my left side when I sleep, and with the hum of the AC, the noise of the radio I leave on at night, and the thunderstorm .. well, I just can't hear the soft ring of the alarms. I keep fighting the 'Sonic Screamer' that Wendell thinks I should buy. It costs somewhere around $30 at truck stops, but I'm moving closer to buying one, as I know it'll wake me up.

Prayer is high on my list of priorities this morning.. I will ask you to pray for my patients, that they will not need more than one prick of the needle, and that no untoward events may occur. Pray for me too...for accuracy in every aspect of my infusion delivery.

Pray for Nicki too.. she's having a difficult time right now. And for her daughter Annsley who is home with baby Timothy, and needs to recover to help her mom and dad.
Pray also for Sandi, that the doctors would make right decisions for her and that she would heal without surgery.
Pray for our nation and those who would be leaders. Always give thanks that God controls everything- even those who seek to do us harm.
Pray for your pastor, and be thankful for the freedom to attend your place of worship.

These seem to be the top things on my mind this morning.. Get your prayer lists out and keep on praying. It's the one thing that will make a difference in your life and in our nation and the world.

No comments: