Friday, August 22, 2008

We have not had our Kids Olympics this year due to the heat, but the kids all had a great time anyway.
Tonite, we had our supper at the picnic table as we did last night. Tonite spaghetti was on the menu.. everyone ate at least some of the food on their plates knowing that if they didn't eat supper, they would not get the treat at campfire.
Unfortunately, time got ahead of us tonite, and we missed our campfire.. so we had ice cream cones instead. The kids were okay with that.
Esther was going to stay at Vulhops tonite, so Valentines took all the girls there, and the boys are here with me. Daniel suggested that if there was just David and me in the tent, perhaps I'd be more comfortable sleeping in my own bed in the house, and they'd try the air mattress.
Okay... I told David and I think he was miffed because he had to sleep here in the living room..until I told him I'd let him watch one more movie.. "OKAY!" he said clapping his hands.
The Valentines left with Joyce and Gayle and Eli and headed to Vulhops.. the boys wanted to ride their bikes, so I told them to move their sleeping bags to the big tent, and go ahead till 10pm. I put David down on the floor where he wanted to be.. and put on a movie for him.
At 9:50pm, I went out to get the boys, and there they were watching the movie with David. They asked for 30 minutes more, and since this is Gramma Camp.. I suppose that would be okay. 30 minutes later I went out to check on them and send them to bed... David is sleeping..Isaac is sleeping.. and Paul and Daniel want to sleep out in the tent. .. but not without Isaac. "Can't you wake him?".. Well, no.. he is a heavy sleeper.. and besides, it would be rude to wake him up when he's sound asleep.
"Why can't Uncle John carry him out?"... so I asked Uncle John and he agrees with me.. to let him sleep..
Since then, Daniel has fallen asleep.. and Paul and I had a wonderful talk about the next Gramma camp.. he's disappointed that they can't sleep in the big tent tonite, but he understands the dilemma we have too.. and actually is thinking about the next camp we have.. and oh,my, the ideas.. He's settled now and I think he'll sleep just fine.
I need to get some sleep too.. I'm tired and sort of secretly glad to sleep in my own bed tonite.


Eli and Papa..


No comments: