Thursday, August 21, 2008

thursday

I am up early.. earlier than my 7 happy campers. It's been a fun week and very tiring. Not much argument at bedtime.. kids are so tired, they are willing to go to bed.. no fuss.
I've taken a lot of pictures which when camp is over, I'll try to post a few more. It's just that time is so limited at the computer.
Today I have to go for my allergy shots.. and then home again to resume camp.. today is KID's Olympics.. should be interesting.. my choice of games for them..Hah! They are pretty good at whatever I dream up anyway.
It's nice to have the 2 four year olds here.. they play pretty well together. The water balloon toss was fun even for them.. the big kids are a little rougher. David and Gayle kept their balloon alive a long time.. tough balloon to break, hahaha

Comments heard...
David, the 4 yr old computer whiz when told we'd play some fun games:
"Gramma, what level will I be starting at?" and "Is this a one player game or two?"

Kids have been having a little tv and computer withdrawal.. but overcoming pretty well..
My plan was NO tv or computer this week for anyone but Papa.. I succumbed last night to a movie for the kids.. and then had the 2 little ones fall asleep in the living room. Thanks, Cory, for carrying them out to the tent for me.

Bumps/bruises/Bites
David actually had the first injury when a clothespin closed on his finger Monday morning...He grimaced , but didn't cry.. just asked for a bandaid which was happily given.
Esther got knocked over in the tug of war and had a scrape on her neck.. and earlier she got a cut on her foot.. all bandaged up.
Joyce got bit/stung? by something nasty last night.. there was a hole in her finger, and then her knuckle swelled up a little.. I'm wondering spider or maybe a wasp? She was climbing the catalpa tree when it happened. We soaked it in baking soda water with ice in it.. put some ointment on to stop the pain, and then bandaged it.. we were up late last night.. no further swelling noted.. she's fine.
I've scared the kids more than once in the tent at night trying to move.. this camping in tents is NOT my idea of camping.. think Holiday Inn...
Anyway, my back is taking a toll, and last night I iced it and then when that didn't work, I heated up my rice bag.. It wasn't as bad last night.. but it's painful to sleep out.. I hope I survive this..{{smile}}. Kids are helpful and understanding, and even pray that "Gramma's back would be better " when we have our campfire devotions.
More later.. kids will be up and running soon..

No comments: