Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday morning

Good morning. . Just wanted to make a quick blog before the happy campers wake up. I am surviving with a bit of reserve.. and actually not too bad this morning.. I slept well, and am moving without pain meds.. I did some exercises to loosen my back this morning, and was able to stand up for 1.25 seconds before falling down inside the tent on my bed of padding on the floor. Unhurt, hoping none of the kids saw the thunderous fall, and thanking the Lord that I didn't fall ON anyone.. I sat there a moment wondering ~why?
I got back up and this time was steady on my feet.. slipped on my sandals and then noticed the little body that totally covered the entrance to the tent.. uh oh.. I waited till I felt sure footed, and stepped over David and out the door..zipped the tent back up and headed for the house. My camera has been misplaced this morning.
Esther slept inside last night as she has been so cold at night, despite the extra blankets I've placed on her during the night. So unable to turn lights on, I've decided to wait till everyone is awake and then check around for the camera.
I've included a few Tuesday pictures here.. I have so many more...
This is a game where the clothespin goes under their chin and they try to drop it in a can..
WOW!!! They really did well.


It was later when David closed one of the pins on his finger.. NO tears.. just a little pinch on his finger. It was the first injury.
I say first, because there have been several others that followed..


David found a 'one player game' while the others played badminton.

BUMPS/BRUISES/BITES
Almost the first thing Thursday morning was David in his bare feet who stepped on a bee and had to have the stinger removed. Thanks to the Z's.. I believe I got it with the help of their bee sting kit.
Later in the evening, the children rode bikes up and down the driveway.. Joyce came by pretty fast and I saw her bike slide and she took a tumble... small scrape on her shin and she decided to park the bike for a while..

It was hot yesterday... too hot for anything besides the slip and slide and some water balloons..
I let them come in during the hottest part of the day and watch movies. We all went out after supper and played more games.. though most were "Kid" originated..

Campfire was later and devotions. Charlie came over for some s'mores... David is getting good at making his own. He sat patiently waiting for his turn with the s'more stick.. and when anyone came around, he announced to them that it was "HIS turn for the stick next".. he was very patient and held his marshmallows till a stick was available for him. Gotta admire him for that.

Thanks to Mandy and John and Cory and Wendy for helping me last night with supper. I ran in to get my first allergy shot and then home again.. I actually felt refreshed. I think that hour was a good time for me to recoup. If I have learned anything this past week, it's that I'm not as young as I used to be and I don't have as much reserve energy. I'm trying hard to keep things moving, but I think if they want to all sit together and watch a movie, I'll let them do so..It's to be nearly 90 today.
OH.. and thanks to the above also for the grocery shopping too.. we needed some grub. (that's camper language for 'food').
We are planning to paint pet rocks this morning.. we made sock puppets yesterday..
I took the little ones into the tent around 9:30 last night and layed down with them to sleep.. it took about 15-20 minutes and they were sound asleep.. the older kids I let free for an extra hour and set the timer. When it went off, they all willingly headed to the tents. .. me too. I think we were all asleep within 5 minutes.. no fuss at all.
More later...

No comments: