Saturday, August 09, 2008

I had a slow start today, but I think I've made up for it now. I got moving after lunch and headed to the grocery store for some badly needed items.. and then got enough supplies for supper. I had a slice of ham while Wendell had a thick ground beef steak. We each had a small new potato, and then fresh cucumber/tomato salad with a bit of Italian dressing.
Charlie stopped in with more pickles to can.. and some peaches.. so after I cleaned up the supper mess, I got right on those pickles. I'd canned 10 jars last week, and now we have 4 more quarts. I'll split them with Charlie, as he does the hard part.. planting and picking. I still have green beans to break... or should I say, WENDELL has that job to do. He's slower than I am.
I was going to make a strawberry parfait pie, but opted for the faux cherry cheesecake he likes.
It'll do for the day. I'm a bit tired right now.
The peaches are beautiful.. I just hope we don't end up with fruit flies. I gotta get on them soon.

No comments: