Monday, August 04, 2008

SOAPBOX TIME..again..

Uh-oh.. it's SOAPBOX TIME again.. Feel free to skip this part of the blog if you would rather not read the rantings and railings of one lonely conservative patriotic American citizen.
So here it goes:


"A house divided against itself cannot stand." As quoted by Abraham Lincoln and Matthew 12:25: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand"

So what is wrong with assimilation? That is what in the past has made this country great.
Have we lost the real value of E Pluribus Unum? (Out of many, one)
Our history has been one of a melting pot. No one was ever requested to give up their historical heritage. No one has been requested to change their color, religion, or their language as spoken in the home. It makes us a beautiful, colorful, and strong society.
However, the allegiance to one's present homeland as an American should become one of loyalty. That is really what the base of the melting pot involves.
Speaking the language of the homeland country is critical. How can one communicate if everyone speaks a different language. You would experience a Tower of Babel as recorded in the Bible. As a result, the people moved off together each in his own tribe.
We should take heed to the adage 'united, we stand, divided, we fall'.

That brings me to the discussion of respect. That seems to be an ingredient missing from our melting pot that has turned it sour. It's something learned in the home, and should be also instructed in public schools. It's a simple thing.
When one has respect for another or his property, it creates an air of positivity.
I was taught to respect my elders, my co-workers, my parents, teachers, police, those in government offices, and the offices themselves.
It is an acknowledgement that a person has value. It shows a certain amount of humility, and honors the other person. This gives both persons a positive feeling of self respect as a result.
Earning respect is not hard, but involves giving of oneself, and then integrity.

Ah.. honesty and integrity.. another ingredient missing for the most part from the melting pot. I ask myself many times 'how can I respect (fill in the blank) when they are so ungrateful and actually try to make me feel less valued?
It makes me feel so disturbed and concerned when I see our nation heading in the direction which we are going. Godless men who have many stripes against them by the American public of which I am a member.
I have many complaints, and I am too vocal I fear. However, I would make my complaints known, as perhaps others feel the same no matter what color your skin is or where your ancestors arrived from.
I guess my main concern is that the US Congress is desperately trying to divide our country.. not just in two, but into many pieces. They stir up strife in every neighborhood by their lack of caring and integrity.
They seem to be exploiting the public differences with special interest groups and deny the common good and national interests~ trying to crush the American spirit.
They would do better to accentuate our similarities with patriotism and honesty. Group and special interests are overwhelming the democratic process.
They have ignored 280 million working Americans in their arrogance, unending trivial political correctness, ethnic issues, playing border games, attempting to bankrupt this country, destroy the Justice system, promoting paranoia with the constant push for a National ID, and promoting fear in the hearts and minds of us all.
Is it any wonder why they have a single digit approval? And who is it that approves? (9% as of July 8,2008)
As far as I'm concerned, one of the pre-requisites for holding a public office should be a degree in Economics with a minor in Budgeting. These elite have no clue how the average American manages in our nation. A budget that is within our income for the government should be small.. (millions, not billions or trillions) .. and the rest left to the individual states.
They expect we will tighten our belts while they waste outrageously in all they do.
Elections this fall will be dismal no matter who wins. It's a matter of choosing who will do the least amount of damage. We need a Conservative Party. Any volunteers?

No one gets away with violating God's word. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says:
"If my people which are called by my name shall humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sin and heal their land".
The alternative is not something I like to think about. Our national and personal corruption will create our disastrous downfall.

I'm getting down off my soapbox now.. I have other pressing matters of the day...

No comments: