Thursday, August 14, 2008


Good morning Bloggers! It's Thursday, and that means office day!! Today there are 12 patients who will receive infusions.. Pray for no untoward events and for my accuracy. I really dislike missing the target. I think I feel as bad as the patient if not worse. I try hard.
I was simply amazed this morning that I woke up to my own alarm clock.. without having Wendell wake me up! WOW! I have a heavy hearing deficit in my right ear and my habit is to sleep on my left side.. so I usually don't hear the 'ding a ling a ling' of an alarm clock, much less anything else. The allergist had given me a cream to instill in my ear, and perhaps it's working.
My plan is to get a hearing aid anyway.. but down the road yet when our finances can permit it. It really bothers me to not hear well. .......... "HUH? What? Did you say something?"
And then maybe only hear half when it's repeated. One of the allergists told me a few years ago that I have perfected lip reading. I doubted, but then realized that he was correct. I had to place myself in front of the person.. face to face, and I could 'hear'. He also told me to tell others to say my name before giving me instruction or relaying information. It worked well when I worked at the hospital. I got by okay.
It's getting late.. gotta get my face on.. have a super day !

No comments: