Wednesday, October 07, 2009

A better day today.. Heat to my back has helped some..I've been able to walk outside some .. and up through the garden (what's left of it).. I took my camera with me, but really didn't see much to photograph.
The trailer looks ominously silent. The little metal storage building usually bulging with tools and equipment for the garden.. empty.. There is a sadness here, and yet, in a few weeks, there will be a new and more beautiful home in it's place.
It's a cold blustery day.. 52 degrees. I think the high is almost that. The wind is blowing and that makes it feel a lot colder.
Today my plan is to work on the old file cabinet- emptying it as best I can. It requires moving some boxes, but I think I can do this without asking for a hand.
Wendell had his weigh in on Monday.. he doesn't know if he gained or lost.. and didn't ask. I thought that was the purpose of the visit. Today he had an abdominal ultrasound in preparation for upcoming surgery (no dates given until all testing is complete). He has several other tests to be done and then visits to the surgeon's dietitian and psychiatrist. It's just a long process.
I guess they figure if you're not serious you won't go through it all.. ???
Moving right along.......

No comments: